Need Fly-fishing Vacation info for Sipsey Fork Area

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Andrea on June 14, 2005 at 10:27:03:

Hi! I am wanting to take our family to Ala. for a short vacation this July. My husband fly-fishes for trout and I saw online that below Smith Lake there is an area where the water stays cool and is stocked with rainbow trout, Sipsey Fork? My problem is finding lodging (also haven't found a map that shows where Sipsey Fork is located though I'm guessing it's around Hwy 69?). I can't seem to find any type of places to stay online either. I've seen rustic cabins but we have 2 toddlers and I need more of a condo-type cabin that is kept up. I would like us to be in walking distance of wading areas, but if we need to find a hotel nearby with a short drive to wading spots, we could do that too. It appears on my map that Jasper is the closest town. We will be driving in from West TN on 78 or could do 72, but we don't want the drive to get too long with toddlers. It seems there are caverns, plenty of parks, train rides and other kid-friendly attractions in the area to keep them busy while dh fishes.
Can anyone recommend me to decent lodging or what city/areas would be best to stay in? Any fly-fishing info/advice would be nice too! Thanks.
Andrea

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]