Crappie farming and Catching!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alex on May 31, 2005 at 07:12:15:

As I stated in an earlier post, I did a little farming over the weekend by placing PVC trees out in Guntersville. I also did a little bass fishing with very limited success. I guess I am not much of a bass fisherman anymore!

I decided to check some of the trees we put out last year and they are holding up well. What is more impressive is they are holding fish! I tried for a couple of hours and caught summer time crappie for a change. Fish were holding on the back side of the PVC trees in 15 feet of water. Did not catching any real monsters but none the less, I did catch some summer CRAPPIE! I had several that were good fillet size but released all fish. It did make me feel good though to catch crappie off of structure I put out last year.

I also decided to shoot some docks and caught plenty of crappie but all were too small. Probably had 25 that were in the 6-8 inch range. Never could find any keepers. Had to stop about mid morning because of the boat traffic. It is very hard to shoot docks when you have 3 foot swells coming in on you! What fish I caught were holding deep inside the dock and on the center structure. All fish seemed to be holding in 4 feet of water under the docks. Anyway, just wanted to stop in and give a follow-up. Not impressive but I enjoyed the Holiday weekend and caught summer time CRAPPIE!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]