Crappie Farming

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ALex on May 26, 2005 at 11:31:56:

This weekend I plan on putting out some willow trees and PVC trees in Guntersville. After I get my "farming" done, my wife and I are going to try to shoot some docks and see if any have showed up yet. Normally the crappie will start holding on the docks once the water temps get high. I have a funny feeling that the water temps are not going to be high enough.

My wife has never done any "shooting" before but I spent some time with her a couple of weeks ago in the back yard. It did not take long before she became an expert. It ceases to amaze me how fast she picks up on stuff. I remember when I first started shooting docks; it took me several trips to get the hang of it, not to mention several hook extractions out of my finger tips! I also did not have a teacher! (My excuse and I am sticking to it!)

Anyway, I thought I would stop in and say hi! As far as the shellcracker fishing is concerned, I have not been since last week with my father. I do not plan on going either. For some reason, I am getting the crappie itch again.

I will post after the holiday weekend on how we did on the docks. Another factor I forgot was the lake will be CRAZY over the holiday weekend. We are staying with some friends over the weekend on the lake so I won’t have to deal with the long lines at the ramp. My boat will be high and dry in a boat house.

I hope everyone has a great Labor Day weekend. If you plan on being on the lake, please be careful and wear your PFD'S. Good luck and good fishing!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]