Re: Monster Cats on Guntersville this weekend..

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve on May 22, 2005 at 22:31:35:

In Reply to: Re: Monster Cats on Guntersville this weekend.. posted by Allen on May 20, 2005 at 07:10:54:

Ok. I fished hard, but flunked-out. I fished around the bluff area where the Brown(s) Creek channel intersects the main river channel. I did have a big one take the bait early this morning...but i didn't hook the fish with the 8/0 eagle claw circle.

I fished under the big bridge, the deepest piling..a shallow piling...and the river channel edge under the bridge... nothing.

I drifted bluff walls, nothing.

I think I made mistakes... like.. My skipjack were in a cooler full of water all weekend...which washed the slime away and further damaged my bait. I think my whole skipjack was turning cartwheels instead of pulling straight behind my three-way rig.

I was fishing 25-35 feet deep all weekend. I never fished close to the dam. Perhaps I was too deep. I can't seem to find any big cats during the last two weeks, although my buddy landed a 92 lb blue three weeks ago.

For those still reading.... Who out there knows about a rock row below Guntersville dam that runs from the channel all the way to the south bank?? I found it today but haven't fished it, yet. It looks like it's got potential.
-steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]