Re: Guntersville Slellcracker

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alex on May 20, 2005 at 13:14:02:

In Reply to: Re: Guntersville Slellcracker posted by WTL on May 20, 2005 at 10:57:40:

WTL, I do not know if you have any of the old maps of the tennessee river before TVA built the dams; but if you do you can find it! I will give you a hint, it is past BB comer bridge headed up river. Look on the old maps and when you find it, use your current lake map and you will know where it is. Normally, on the old maps, "SPRINGS", old home places, cemeteries, wagon trails, ect. are shown. What is so unique is that when you find an old cemetery that is located in the flood plan, TVA was required to relocate it. I really do not know how to say this without some discrace but the coffins would leave depressions in the ground. These depressions depending on where they were located and what type of soil they rested in will determine whether or not they have silted in over the years. A prime example is Brownscreek. There is a cemetery that you can actually see the depression on your LCR. At times bass will stack up in these and normally they are good qaulity fish. Another magical spot is old ponds. I have found three over the years that are not marked on the current lake maps that have proven to be HOT spots. Give it a try. I think I have said to much already!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]