Re: Guntersville Slellcracker

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alex on May 20, 2005 at 06:54:47:

In Reply to: Re: Guntersville Slellcracker posted by WTL on May 19, 2005 at 21:24:21:

WTL, years ago if I had seen a bass that big I would have spent days trying for her also. I guess as I get older I am not as interested in a wall hanger. I have caught many big fish over the years and smallmouth also. My fish of choice nowadays is crappie. I do not think there is anyone out there that is as addicted as Kerry and I are when it comes to crappie. There is just something special about that fish. A few years ago Kerry and I were fishing some bluffs in late November for crappie. The fish were really in there like there's no tomorrow! Anyway, as we were limiting out, I was telling Kerry about the BIG bass I caught a week before in the same area as we were fishing. The fish weighed 8 pounds 4 oz. I caught this fish on 4 lb test and should have had it certified for maybe a line class record. As I took the crappie jig out of its mouth, I took a pic and released it. Not long after that discussion, Kerry was reeling in a 3/4 pound crappie and all of a sudden out of nowhere a large dark shape appeared right under the crappie as it was coming up. We both saw this take place in slow motion at the same time. As the crappie got about 3 feet from the surface, the large dark shape showed itself and took a bite at the crappie. It was the biggest bass I have ever seen in my life. I estimated the fish to be between 12-15 pounds. Kerry said it was bigger than that. I am so glad Kerry was there to see it because no one would ever believe me If I told a fish story like that. To this date I can still remember that fish and I bet Kerry will too! Good luck and good fishing.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]