Guntersville Slellcracker

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alex on May 19, 2005 at 07:13:05:

My dad and I spent another GREAT day on the water yesterday together. We didnít get on the water until 7:00 AM. I chose to go later so the sun would help me in locating new beds. We fished a lot of areas that I am familiar with. Seems like everyone is getting better at locating beds because we could not find any that had fish on them. About 11:00 I decided to make a long run up river and try an area that I found on the map the night before. I had never been in this area and it was very hazardous getting in there. Even with my motor trimmed all the way up I ended up hitting several times. Also got into a gill net. Cut it off my motor and went on my way. We ended up catching around 65 to 70 shellcracker. We had a few that were reaching a pound but most were 8-12 ounces. By 1:00 PM my dad started getting tired and hot so we left. Overall a good day. The bluegill are on bed everywhere now and there is no problem finding them. The shellcracker seem to be slowing down a bit, but there is still plenty out there if you are willing to run your trolling motor. Fish took crickets and red worms but were located with keystone minnows. My dad did have a time of his life though. One more note, during the day I was bringing in a nice shellcracker and all of a sudden a very large bass came up and decided that I really did not need it. It took the shellcracker and never said thank you. I estimated the bass between 6 to 8 pounds. Anyway, the fish are still there if you are interested. Good luck and wear those life jackets.

For the bass fisherman out there, bass are still on bed BIG time! Saw several yesterday while running the trolling motor. Saw one that I tried to get a picture of. Not sure how big but I would guess between 10-12 pounds. She was in crystal clear water around a spring and I could see her very well. I got pretty close to her to try and take a picture but she was not going to let me. On the way out, I checked to see if she was still there and she was. Beautiful fish.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]