Re: sauger in decatur area

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tony on January 13, 2001 at 20:01:32:

In Reply to: sauger in decatur area posted by brad on January 12, 2001 at 14:51:27:

I tried fishing for some sauger, but didn't do any good. I was going to try the bridge at Decatur, but decided to go down to Brown's Ferry and see if I would have any luck in warmer water. I didn't. I caught over a dozen Skip Jacks using a fast jerky retrieve. Then on the way back we stopped at the bridge and may a few cast with no hits. Tried jerking a jig w/ minnow to see if any hungry saugers were around. Ha, there wasn't any. So pulled the boat out and I'll try tomorrow. I haven't done much sauger fishing, still kinda new at it. However, some of the comments I heard is it is better when there is a current, which means they need to be pumping at Gunterville Dam. Also, they may not be hungry yet from all the dead shad that is dying from this freeze we got. I didn't see any dead shad this weekend, but last weekend they were all over the place. another comment I heard on here, was watch out when the water gets to 40 degrees. Well, it is at 38 degrees and I'm still trying to catch my first one LoL. Of course it may help if I new what I was doing. LoL Good Luck fishing.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]