Weiss Lake

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Roger on May 08, 2005 at 21:43:35:

Hi guys, just found this forum last night and haven't read yet all the postings. Those I have read are real interesting. I live in Munford, which is about 10 miles north of Talladega and about 10 miles south of Oxford. Anyway, my brother-in-law and I have been thinking of fishing at Weiss Lake. I've never fished there and don't think he has either. We don't have a boat and I was wondering if there were any places on the lake to fish from the bank to catch some crappie? It's been a long time since I've caught a big one and I read that Weiss Lake is the crappie capital of the world. I found one web site that a guy takes people out to fish on that lake for a fee. He charges $250 for 2 people for one day. We really don't have that to pay right now. Does anyone know of any good web sites pertaining to Weiss lake? I'll do some research on it tonight. Also, most of the days I'm off is during the week. I work 12 hr shifts most of the time. I get 2 weekends off per month and I'm off 7 days in a row once per month. It ends up that I only work 15 days per month. That's how my work schedule goes. I'll probably fish with bro in law and his son on Saturdays if he don't have to work. I've been looking, but can't seem to find anyone around here or know of anyone that is off during the week when I'm off. I really look forward to reading all of your postings so I can learn how to be a better fisherman. I've been told I have good patience. I've learned that I guess from fishing and hunting deer. I guess patience is a good quality for a fisherman to have. I'm not one that gives up easily on anything that I'm interested in. Feel free to email me if ya want. Roger

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]