Decatur area bream still really slow

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on May 01, 2005 at 22:58:39:

Since the cold snap (blackberry winter) started, the bream hit has been nearly nil. At least from the bank in the Decatur area, there has been VERY little activity. If there are still bedding bream (shellcrackers/bluegill) they must be in areas which are not easily accessible from the bank. My guess is that they have moved into deeper water and are not very active even if you do get on them.

The crappie bite *may* have picked up since they like these cooler temps, but I doubt they will be thick anywhere like they were before TVA jumped the water up during the spawn several weeks ago.

This next week's weather forecast doesn't look like it will warm up the water much, but who knows. The "new moon" or no visible moon in the sky will be on May 8, so those who believe moon cycles have strong influence on the fish should get out near that time. However, I suggest keeping an eye on temperatures and sunshine which will warm up the shallows. I think the warming has much more effect than the moon. Of course, to each his own and whatever works for you...

Good luck and good fishin'

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]