For Sale Messages, advertisements, spam, et al...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on April 30, 2005 at 00:53:47:

I would have thought that I wouldn't have to say it again, but here I am saying it again. DO NOT POST FOR SALE MESSAGES on the NAFF! DO NOT POST ADS! The last "for sale" message came from, of all places, Redstone Arsenal. I have never had a problem with ANYONE from Redstone Arsenal or the military in general before and I hope this is not the start of a new trend. The IP address of the poster was blocked. I would hate to have to block the entire Redstone Arsenal IP address list as I know there are a lot of loyal and considerate readers of the NAFF who log in from the arsenal. I appreciate the US military and all that they do, but I also expect a military person to be able to abide by a few simple rules which are clearly stated MANY places on this site.

I have had to ban quite a few large blocks of IP addresses over time. I have no choice given the open nature of this message board and the lack of courtesy and decorum of many unscrupulous people out there. Most of the problems come from outside of the country, but there are also many problems coming from within the US. I am trying to provide a service free of all the crud I know you all see on most of the other fishing sites on the net. I think "we" have something special, but there are a few idiots, morons, and degenerates who simply can't stand for anything good to go untainted by their crap.

Sorry for the tirade, but I do get tired cleaning up after the dirty bastards.

Good luck and good fishin'

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]