Re: Bream spawn related to moon phase

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on April 24, 2005 at 20:33:58:

In Reply to: Re: Bream spawn related to moon phase posted by Bo on April 24, 2005 at 10:10:13:

As a "general rule of thumb" these indicators are generally correct. However, waiting for these indicators can very often cause a fisherman to miss out on the best fishing. Blooming of flowers is MOST effected by temperature and sunlight and conditions can and do happen that cause early blooming, but don't affect fish spawn such as rainfall which does not affect water levels, etc.

My own experience is that if you wait for or count on blooming flowers of any kind, you will definitely miss out on some of the best fishing. As for the spawn itself relating to these blooms or moon phases... Today/tonight is the full moon, April 24, 2005. If you take only the flowers and moon phases into account, the spawn *should* be in full swing. However, we have a cold snap in effect. I personally think water levels/fluctuations and temperatures have MUCH more affect on spawns than moon phases. I find flower blooms to be an even less accurate indicator of fish activity, much less spawning.

Of course, to each his own and mileage will vary.

Good luck and good fishin'

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]