Re: Catfish tackle

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mike Mitchell on April 24, 2005 at 09:27:05:

In Reply to: Catfish tackle posted by Tim on April 23, 2005 at 07:40:57:

There is about 4 brands of rods that I would recommend: American Premiere, Quantum Big Cat, Shakespere Tiger Sticks, and Tsunami Classic Rods.

They all have their advantages......I use the American Premiere for the bigger fish when I am anchoring or controlled drifting with rods in the rod holders, The Quantum Big Cat rods are similar and can be used with the same results in these situations. Tiger Sticks are similar but about $20 bucks higher in price.

I like the 7ft 6inch MH-H rods in these and I prefer the American Premiere for its overall performance and durability and $40 dollar price.

I use the Tsunami Rods when drifting in 7ft XH.....This is by far the best drift rod I have felt, it is capable of handling the big boys, yet it is not as bulky and heavy, it is made of Graphite and Glass composite.

Reels: There are allot of good reels out there....I'am a big fan of Lever drag reels for my bigger rigs, this will allow to quickly adjust the drag, and adjust the tension on your bait clicker when fishing in heavy current.....I would suggest Abu Big Game 7000LD, Shimano Charter Specials, or D.A.M. Quick 415LD.....They will run you from $110-140 bucks a piece but are well worth it in my opinion.

I also Like the Abu C3 series, Tica Caimen Series, Quantum Cabo Series......for star drag reels.

As you can see I'am a baitcaster man, If I were bank fising I would go with Tica Spinning and Surf Rods for Long cast and Baitcasting eqipment for shorter ones.

Email me if you need help finding any of these products, I'am sure I can save you money and get you the best equipment for your money

I wouldn't suggest Walmart Stuff

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]