Guntesville Bream

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alex on April 18, 2005 at 08:46:01:

Just wanted to stop in and say hello! Have not been to Guntersville yet, but plan on going this week. I have talked to several people that have reported it is still to early for bedding activity. I was at the lake this past weekend visiting a friend in the Honey comb area and took a water temperature. Early in the day the temp was 59.7F. By that afternoon, it got up to 63F. It has been my experience that the water temps must stay in the mid to lower 60's at night before bedding activity starts. This is not to say that someone has found some fish on bed. The upper end of Guntersville such as Rosebury and Jones creek might have some bedding activity right now. The water temps in these areas are usually the first to warm up.

Like I said, I plan on going this week and will give a report. Keep in mind that it wont be long! I normally start having success the last week in April and by mid May, the fish usually are in full spawn mode. Good luck to everyone and please be careful. Wear your PFD'S when your out on the water. Thanks for listening!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]