Re: Wheeler Bream--- crappie report

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on April 14, 2005 at 22:08:59:

In Reply to: Re: Wheeler Bream--- crappie report posted by Bob D on April 14, 2005 at 08:20:54:

As I said, I haven't been on them myself, but there are a few places you might try. The closest to Madison would be Blackwell swamp, but look out for the gators and cotton mouths.

The Swan creek area north of Decatur, especially the Beula (sp?) Bay area. There are a few places off of Hwy 67 east of Decatur that can be waded. The Suzie (sp?) Hole, basically the area under the south end of the I-65 bridge and to the east.

Some of these areas may not be easily waded and may not be holding spawning crappie. They are just suggestions. Also, I would recommend a float tube as the water may be too high in places to get to the productive brush with waders alone, not to mention it is safer to step into a hole with tube than without! (grin)

Fox creek and Mallard creek both have some areas that can be waded as well and have had some good activity according to reports. I can't think of anything else except to try towards Guntersville/Scottsboro. There are quite a few places to wade over there, but I haven't ever waded for crappie in those areas.

Good luck and good fishin'

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]