Gville Dam Hawg

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mike Mitchell on April 12, 2005 at 04:52:12:

Here is a Nice blue caught the last week of March below Guntersville dam on Wheeler Lake. This fat girl (estimated at 80 Lb) was landed and CPR'd (Catch, Photographed, and Released) by Phillip Hall. Fish like this is what makes us Catmen keep returning to the river, and as long as we are returning them they will be there for years to come and growing ever larger with each passing year. I Know of seven cats over 75 lbs released in the last 3 years alone in Wheeler/Wilson Lakes, I know there are some World Record class fish in these waters, but it sure helps your confidence when you know there is an 80+ pound fish released in the area you fish in just months or years ago. I Know we have the best fishery in the world, but way too many people take advantage off it, and have no concern with depleting, polluting, and misusing this great natural resource that the good lord has blessed us with. These cats can not simply be replaced in 2-5 years like most other game fish in the river can be, most of these cats have been in the river for atleast 10 years and some studies say it could take up to 20 years to grow cats this size. We as an organization, that includes all outdoorsman who are concerned about our great outdoors and fisheries, together we can make a difference and help to improve conditions.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]