weiss lake report

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by flytyer on April 04, 2005 at 21:13:48:

Spent a fair amount of time fishing weiss over the last week. First time I really fished there. Fished yellow creek, and little river mostly. There is no shortage of crappie. We caught them on anything chartreuse. I honestly dont think there is a special lure that out produced. Jigs, bass assassin, little fishe, and small sassy shad all worked equally well. Fish were holding in 8-12 feet of water and some around the boathouses but not consistent. Of all the fish we kept and cleaned 80% turned out to be female. Great numbers of 9 to 9.5" fish. Caught some nice bass holding in the main lake on humps and caught some nice stripe in the creek mouths. Fished this last saturday and it was the best day for catching and the worst day on the water. We heard that 2 20' boats capsized during a tournament that day. We stayed at the Baysprings motel, it was cheap and that was the only thing going for it. I think with some more warm weather the fish will move shallow. Water temp on my depth finder was from 55-57.

-Chris

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]