Re: Alex,thank you for reply. I have more questions.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alex on March 30, 2005 at 07:09:25:

In Reply to: Alex,thank you for reply. I have more questions. posted by steve feltenberger on March 29, 2005 at 22:25:50:

Steve, youíre welcome. As far as deer hunting is concerned, Lauderdale County has a wildlife management area that has a lot of good deer hunting. The problem with Alabama is we have too many deer. That is not to say we donít have a lot of monsters down here. I think the last report I read was Alabama has an estimated 1.8 million deer population across the state. To further answer your question, if you decide to move down here, you can ask around and check with the DCNR about deer hunting opportunities. It seems like every year land is getting harder to find when it comes to being able to hunt it. More and more individuals are leasing land for private clubs and it is making it harder for the common man to find places to hunt.

It wonít take long when you get here to make friends and this might be the opportunity you need to access deer hunting land. My brother-in-laws father has a large track of land in Marion county that we manage and hunt. We plant food plots and periodically have a biologist come in and advise us on how things are going.

Along with the GREAT fishing opportunities, the state of Alabama has tremendous deer hunting opportunities as well. I think you would love our long season. We also have a very long doe season as well. I hope this helps and good luck with your decision.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]