Re: living and fishing in northern alabama

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alex on March 29, 2005 at 15:13:46:

In Reply to: living and fishing in northern alabama posted by steve feltenberger on March 29, 2005 at 09:08:47:

Steve, as far as moving to Alabama, Welcome if you do! I have lived in North Alabama all of my life and cannot really complain. You being from the north, you might need some time to get use to the HEAT in the summer time. The temperature is not really the problem but the humidity is awful. As for the positive side of residing in Alabama, the fishing is OUTSTANDING. I realize that there is some really GREAT smallmouth fishing from where you are from but the growing season is much shorter. From what I have heard, a trophy smallmouth of 5 pounds or better might be 10 to 15 years old. Down here, they grow FAST!

Another factor you will not have to worry about is the lakes icing up. Most of the people around here are very nice and hospitable. You will get a “bad apple” every once in while, but that is the case everywhere you go! The climate like I said is great except for the humidity. You will hardly ever see any snow, but the tornadoes make up for that in the spring. I can only wish you the best if you decide to come down.

The crappie fishing is outstanding here in north Alabama. The bream fishing is outstanding down here. We have very few Walleye down here. There are some but very few! WE do not have a lot of BIG yellow perch. Overall, our fishery down here in my opinion is some of the best the country offers when it comes to crappie, smallmouth, largemouth and bream. I do not think you could go wrong moving to Alabama when it comes to fishing! Good luck and we wish you the best!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]