Bass

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Snapperking on March 10, 2005 at 23:15:41:

FYI: I dont persue bass, they generally find me (grin) but for anyone thats interested and not to proud to use a live bait they can be caught right now under the bridges by doing the following.Get the largest Tuffy Minnows(and I mean big!!!) you can buy(Cooley's Groceries has some)and fish them by simply tying on a #1 or #2 gold crappie hook and hooking the minnow thru the lips or eyes and toss / flip it out and let it swim as it pleases around any of the bridge concrete structures.Try to watch and keep them close to the concrete,which usually isnt a problem as the large minnows tend to want to stay close for protection.The last 2 days I have averaged 4 over 5 lbs and a few have broke my 8lb line when they get it over a part of the concrete( good an excuse as any HA) ........wish the pesky things would let the minnow alone till a slab could get it(grin).The inside bridge piers(the ones nearest the rocks) on Claysville or big bridge in Guntersville has been one good place to swim the minnows as well as both short and town creek bridges.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]