Re: Boycott.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Red on March 08, 2005 at 09:41:00:

In Reply to: Re: Boycott. posted by TroyJ on March 06, 2005 at 23:46:59:

I am thinking you could be looking at the situation through a drinking straw.

The economy of North Alabama is not that dependent on bass tournaments, tourism, etc.

There will never be enough law enforcement on
the TVA lake system to stop people from doing pretty much whatever they want to.

Influencing our State's policy makers with bais views has proven to have negative backlash on many fronts across the nation and does not give me the warm fuzzy feeling the right thing will be done.

BTW, Does a boycott mean I can take my kids to the lake without the risk of getting run over by a bunch of bass fisherman or letting them see a bunch of out of state guys catch and freezer pack thousands of fish for transport out of state ?

I am not sure what the result of competitive fishing will eventually have on the conservation front but I am starting to get the feeling that our TVA lakes might be getting out of balance with too many bass, especially little ones. I have been fishing the TVA lakes for 25 years I would say there more bass but on average smaller.

Maybe I should be fishing with bigger lures or
legal marked gill nets that someone would certainly steal and/or empty before dawn ?

Just my opinion :)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]