Guntersville report

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by James Morris on March 06, 2005 at 23:46:50:

After seeing all the big bass weighed in at the bassmasters tournament I decided to give the crappie a rest and go try to catch me some. I had to work half a day Saturday so it was around 1pm when my middle son and me put in at town creek. The water was stained in the creek and surface temps were around 52. We both started out throwing oz traps mine red and his chrome/blue. We fished all the way down the south bank at the campground, which was being bombarded with a strong north wind. After no bites there we moved to the north bank, it felt much better being protected from the wind but still no bites. The next stop was a cove close to the old montesano plant. We worked it over good with the traps but still no bites. On the last stop we worked the riprap over with the traps. Almost at the end of the riprap and with the daylight almost gone I finally got one but after a very brief fight it pulled loose. After several casts back there I pitched a black/blue jig in the same area and caught one in the 4-pound range! Released it and two pitches later caught on in the 6-pound range! We fished back over the same area until the cold and the dark ran us off.

I had high hopes Sunday morning when my oldest son and me launched from south sauty creek. The water was stained there also but cleared fast the closer we got to the river channel. Temps ranged from 51 up to a couple areas that were 54. The wind was much calmer than Saturday and the sun was shining this made it a great day to be on the water but unfortunately the fishing for us was not so good. We fished rip rap, boathouses, coves, flats, and humps from south sauty down to town creek. We threw traps, jigs, jerk baits, and plastic worms with zero fish caught. I loaded the boat at about 4 p.m. and headed home tired and confused but happy to have spent another day on the water with my son.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]