New development on Guntersville

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe J. on February 07, 2005 at 13:18:37:

Recently got wind from Troy J. that the TVA is in the process of selling their land around the ramp in Boshart Creek to a company/group, that has plans to build a new marina, repair shop and who knows what else in that cove. To me, this would be a shame, as this is such a pretty area, though the St Christopher's Point residential area has robbed it of some of its beauty. A marina would do worse, would increase the boat traffic (especially those boat swamping yachts), increase the traffic on Hwy 79, and worst of all, you can bet they kill every spig of grass in that cove, and probably all the way out to the river over those flats and ridges, which is a great area on the lake. The TVA is reportedly having a public meeting on this at Scottsboro H.S on Feb 17, and Troy J has the e mail addy for some of the TVA folks working on this project. I've already e mailed Charles Wolfe at cewolfe@tva.gov with my protest. If you don't want to see this creek raped (I can't imagine the boat traffic coming in and out of the narrow opening to Boshart if a new marina opens up), contact the TVA, go to the meeting, or contact Troy for more info. We may be peeing into the wind, but if enough stink is raised, TVA has listened in the past (ie, grass eradication efforts).

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]