Re: COLOR-C-LECTORS----do they work?????

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alex on January 02, 2001 at 21:17:21:

In Reply to: COLOR-C-LECTORS----do they work????? posted by jim on January 02, 2001 at 20:14:55:

Jim I have mixed feelings on this issue. My comments are only my opinion. Color selectors in my opinion are not really useful. On some units, Ph level and water temperature are also included in the unit. These features in my opinion are most useful. Color selectors read the clarity of the water and depict the color choice from this information. I have tried these in the past and had to change the color of my jig from what the unit told me to use. I also noticed that if i was fishing a particular color of water, I would choose the color that my knowledge over the years taught me. Now if you are not a avid fisherman use these rules: In clear water use translucient colors such as cotton candy, salt and peper and white illusion. For stained water, try a more darker color like blue, white, yellow, and red. For muddy water try hot colors like pink, Flo orange, chartruse, and lime. Dont be afraid to try different things. In my opinion, a plain color seletor is not much use in my crappie fishing. PH level and water temperatures are! Hope I have helped.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]