Re: Anybody have a Smith Lake Striper report?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Stripe Hunters Guide Service on January 26, 2005 at 14:12:03:

In Reply to: Anybody have a Smith Lake Striper report? posted by POLAR2310 on January 26, 2005 at 13:46:35:

Fished fri. and sat. friday the fish were in deeper water to 75 ft. i caught 14 friday. sat. i started looking in deeper water where i found them friday and they were gone. i know they just didnot pull out over night so i started checking off on different spots and the fish went further north in 20 ft of water holding in the channel next to 10 ft of water got on em around 6:45 and caught 4 doubles and one tripple, 25 total for sat. 39 for two day total. i had to swith to a shallow rig, and caught a lot of em while i was letting it out. i had one major problem when i got on em i had 10 boats pull in on me, which made trolling in that shallow of water and trying to in the channel very difficult. i normally dont have a problem with it because i dont own the lake, but i was there first. but the problem i had was i had two different guys wave me off. there was one guy who had one of my umbrella rigs that he bought that morning i seen him catch 4 or 5 and he waved me off. i told him sraight up that if everybody wanted to treat me like that then ill just quit selling them and only keep them for myself. i have helped alot of people learn how to troll both flatline and downrigger, and i dont mind doing tat but when i have customers who pay me to catch them fish i dont appreciate someone pulling in on me and then proceed to wave me off. but other than that it was a great two days. i have to fish thursday. friday, and sat. so maybe ill see you on the pond.......Patrick

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]