Flint Creek otters!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on January 01, 2001 at 22:23:26:

I don't know why this slipped my mind, but it did. A few weeks ago when I was on Flint creek and having fair to poor luck with the crappie, I saw the usual assortment of beavers, ducks, and even a couple of deer. While approaching one of my favorite trees (laydown) to try it for crappie I noticed what I first thought were beavers. After watching the 4 of them and them watching me, I realized that they weren't beavers at all. It took me just about a second to recognize that they were in fact otters! I think I have spotted them before, but only at a fair distance. This sighting was within 30-40 feet. As I got nearer to the tree, and the otters, they suddenly disappeared and I didn't see any other sign of them the rest of the day. Later on while fishing the same tree 2 huge beavers decided to sun themselves on the same tree I was fishing. They moved in cautiously and when they determined I was no threat, they skinnied up on the main truck of the laydown and got comfy. They remained within 15 feet of the boat until I decided the fish had quit and left for another spot. That was a neat experience, but the otters were the real pleasant surprise!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]