No Sauger but.......

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Russell Lowry on January 03, 2005 at 09:50:23:

Had a funny day of fishing on New Years Eve. I stopped at Cooley's and bought some sauger minnows. (Tony's minnows are guaranteed to catch fish, or die trying.) Went down to the dam, put in the boat and headed to the locks. There was about 10 boats in there and I fished for about an hour and did not see a fish caught. Headed down river, there were about 6 boats in the creek outlet on the left before the bluffs. They were catching some nice bream. But, I did not want to barge in there and disrupt their fishing so I headed back to the locks. No one was there!!!! My fishfinder was showing fish so I anchored in 15 feet of water and tight lined with the minnows over the side of the boat. The fish were holding at 11 feet. Baited with the sauger minnows and promptly caught a slab crappie. Stayed there about 2 hours and ended up with 12 really nice slabs. That was the way to end the old year. Will probably hit it again this week. Good luck to Ya'll. If you do go fishing at the Dam, bring different kinds of bait. You never know what will be biting.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]