Gville Dam Sauger

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Snapperking on December 27, 2004 at 22:26:06:

I went below Gville dam today bank fishing for Sauger and not much doing as I got one right at dark using an un-painted 1/4th lead head with a cotton candy colored mini jig on it tipped with a minnow, she measured 13 inchs...all the other guys had caught nothing but huge Drum and a few regular stripe most of the day.They currently have 10 flood gates open.But out in the river between the locks it was take a name and number as I could count at least 9 boats up in between the locks and who knows how many more I couldnt see.One of my buds that was fishing by me said they had been loading up on them before the second real cold wave but he hadnt been since the second cold wave.They are also catching them down river near the painted bluffs and every where a creek runs into the river he said.Hes pretty reliable other wise I wouldnt tell what he told me(grin) as we know some fishermen are apt to strech things a little!! Anyway seems like they have been running some ,but not close in on the Arab side of the river !! Happy new year to all and singing drags!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]