Re: Listen to Captian Terry.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by TroyJ on December 03, 2004 at 00:18:14:

In Reply to: Re: Alternative to Firearms posted by Captain Terry on December 02, 2004 at 21:12:36:

I am licensed by the USCG (OUPV). I think every boater should take the Auxillary safety courses, and know the rules of the road.

Remember it like this, the other guy always has a gun, and he may be nuts, a real section 8.

We had a small boat with two old guys in it pull up on us last year while I was helping another boat who was broken down. For no reason, (other than alcohol...) they began swearing at us. Oh yeah, I swore back just for fun, hey, it was a blast till the old guy pulled a glock. You gotta love a guy who brings a gun to a friendly cussing match...

If I would have just turned the other cheek, the old guys would have went on without pulling a weapon. My partner being a cop was probably all that kept it from getting ugly.

We called the marine police, and they took care of it. I have their number on speed dial...

I'm out there about every day, and there are people out there looking for trouble. Best to keep a low profile and avoid the trouble if at all possible.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]