Wheeler (Ditto Landing) Sauger Crappie!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alex on December 29, 2000 at 00:12:46:

One of my good friends felt sorry for me not having a truck yet, and called and wanted to know if I wanted to go fishing for sauger Thursday December 28. We started at 6:45 AM with a cold rain and cold temperatures. We tried one of my holes up from Hobbs Island and my friend caught 2 non keepers. We finally thawed out and went up river to another hole. 2 keepers were caught and several smaller sauger. We continued to go up river and tried across from Pigions roost. Zero! Before we left I recommended that we try a place for crappie. When we pulled up on one of my laydowns, I saw hundreds of threadfin shad and realized that was a good sign. Crappie were small but they were keepers! We ended up catching 25 keepers and several more non-keepers. We left and went back down river and tried the drift that our keeper sauger came off of. Bigger sauger had moved in and when it was all said and done we ended the day with 7 keeper sauger, 6 non-keeper sauger, 25 crappie and 1 2 pound spot. My friend wanted to give me some of the sauger, but I refused. My freezer cannot hold anything else! Waiting on my truck!!!!!!!! If you go, wear those life jackets! Happy New Year!!!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]