Wheeler - Wilson

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jack from Columbia on November 01, 2004 at 14:21:59:

My Grandson and I went to Wheeler Sunday and fished 1st. and 2nd. Creek with no bites. We saw bass busting shad everywhere but they would not hit anything we threw. We tried for two hours and gave up and headed to Wilson below Wheeler Dam. We put in at Safety Harbour with our bait tank aboard. We loaded up with yellow-tails and started catching. We caught five crappie, two skipjack, five largemouth, six smallmouth, five catfish,four brim, seven drum and one striper, all on yellow-tails. We caught the crappie 30 ft. deep and the five weighted over ten pounds. The brim and the largemouth were also thirty feet deep at the same location as the crappie. We then went to the dam to fish the current and try for some smallmouth. We drifted yellow-tails and caught the six smallmouth, three of the drum and the striper. The striper was only five pounds but it was my Grandsons first and he had a ball with it. I think we will go back Tuesday if my Grandson wants to put up with the rain, I think he will want to. Also all fish were returned back. Later<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< Jack

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]