Re: fish id page online

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Lans on October 30, 2004 at 15:40:19:

In Reply to: Re: fish id page online posted by Shad Lips on October 28, 2004 at 16:23:45:

That's what I thought too. However, he did not think so. As I am sure you know, Doug Darr knows, and anyone with any decent amount fishing experience (whether they have fished or not, biology students or professional aquatic biologist..ie people with a working interest and knowledge) knows, fish can have fairly wide variances in coloration depending on enviroment, depth pulled from, condition, stress level, temperature etc.
Anyway, he was hoping to have found a species that was unknown. Not that it isn't possible, but he claims to have caught them numerous times in Cox Creek and Cypress Creek. Later into his search for answers, he claimed to have caught them in other places. This would hardly describe an unknown species. Besides that, it has been many years since he has caught one. So, his recollection may not be perfect.

Anyway, thanks to everyone that joined in to help my friend.

Usually my post if I ever do post are short. If you do not already know, my long post is a hint to who my brother is..............Kerry.....Anyone in my family is longer winded than me. I am the yes or no man(one word answers). However, I knew I could come to this board and get responses for my friend.

I am glad ya'll are here,

Lans

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]