Honeycomb Creek

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by jd on October 20, 2004 at 20:16:30:

Went out a few hours before dark. Could not keep the SMALL bream and spots off my tube bait or bass assassin. If I take up fishing for flatheads, I know how to get bait!

This is the first day I have been out with no wind in quite some time. I could not believe all the schools of baitfish. It is hard to compete with the real thing. Not a single crappie to be had, but I've never caught many crappie unless sitting under a bridge. It seems bridges have gotten so crowded over the years, I am trying to find new honeyholes. No luck yet! Water temps were about 68-71.

I did not something today that I have never done in the past. I got a spool of braided line twisted, just after I put down my twisted spool of new mono. on another rod. Those tube baits really don't like to be reeled fast into the boat! I ended up throwing a spinner bait on baitcaster just before dark on the channel bluffs with no takers. Lots of feeding. Great afternoon to be on the water in spite of the limited success. At least I smell like fish after palming all those bream.

Good luck!
jd

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]