Re: O.M.C. Files For Bankrupt Protection

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alex on December 26, 2000 at 20:32:26:

In Reply to: O.M.C. Files For Bankrupt Protection posted by Ben There on December 26, 2000 at 20:12:33:

Johnson and Evenrude back in late 70's and 80's were the engine to have. I would not own one today. Everyone I know that has one ever since the Fichts and FastStrikes came out has had nothing but trouble. I blame most of this on the Big tournaments and those who want to burn the hairs off of their faces. Back when BASS limited the horse power rating to only 150, Mercury, Johnson and Evenrudes were on top. Nowadays performance is more important than quality! Yes, they might get better fuel economy but when your boat stays in the shop longer than on the water---what do they consider fuel economy? I am not bashing one certain company or motor. All I am saying is the quality nowadays is LOW! I get real tickled when you here the Pros on TV say "Best hole shot" or "I wouldnt own anything else". If you were getting payed 250,000 a comercial and every time that Ficht or Faststrike blew up you got another one at no cost, you would have no Problem selling their product. Sorry about the long sad story, but I saw the report on TV and it made me mad. Sorry for the negetive attitude!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]