Guntersville crappie

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alex on October 18, 2004 at 07:07:26:

Went Sunday on the bank and it looks like the crappie are wide open! Stopped at several bridges and everyone was having a good time! For some reason when I stopped at Spring Creek Bridge, I could not get a bite! Everyone around me was catching fish. I gave up and went elsewhere.I ended up at Honeycomb and found a pocket of good fish. This area was away from the main bridge although I did catch some under the bridge, very few were keepers.I ended the day with 27 NICE fish. Smallest one was a pound even. The rest were up to 1 pound 8 oz. Caught all fish on 1/16 oz unpainted jig head with an Arkansas shiner Bassassassin. (4 Pound Test line).

I still have not limited yet but it won’t be long now! All fish were packed full with threadfin shad. Found no parasites either. These fish were holding in 12 feet of water around an eddy current. Once the current would change so would the fish. I would move once the current changed directions.I did take a water temperature at all the locations and with 4 temps taken, it averaged out to be 69.6. The highest temp I got was 70.7 at Spring creek. Good luck to everyone and please wear those life jackets.

P.S. By the way, we need to get something done about the cormorants! There was a pack of them at Honeycomb hunting. I saw several come up with small crappie and stripe. Some of the fish I caught had several wounds on their backs I think from these critters. Seriously, they need to be thinned out!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]