Re: NAFF web page

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on October 16, 2004 at 00:25:40:

In Reply to: Re: NAFF web page posted by jd on October 15, 2004 at 09:59:26:

Thanks for the post jd. I guess I will have to do that name search myself to see what I have forgotten! (grin)

I wish I were more diplomatic or at least better able to explain the concept, vision and spirit of the NAFF. I think most folks get it though. Long ago I realized that I was never going to be able to please everyone, so I set out to try and make, or direct if you will, the NAFF in a direction which is quite different than anything I have found on the Internet or TV or any public arena I know of to date.

I try to be honest and follow my own strong sense of ethics, integrity and morality in my decisions concerning the NAFF. To some I am too strict in those decisions and to others I am not only to loose, but not specific enough. As I said, I can't please everyone and don't even try. I do what I think is right and base my decisions on my own personal experience not only from running the NAFF and a local message board for 5 years before the NAFF, but also from my life experience in general. After doing this type of thing for that long I have learned a thing or two and can often (though not always) see a problem coming in the early stages. I try to nip it early instead of waiting for the inevitable end result which is always much worse and always more trouble to deal with.

When I started the NAFF it was largely because I wanted to create a place free from the greed that drives so many to do things that they would not "normally" do if not for the pursuit of a dollar. Given the success of the NAFF I know there must be plenty of folks who think I am crazy for not going commercial and making that buck for myself. But, that would be a total reversal of what I set out to do in the first place. As I said in the beginning, this is a labor of love for my family and my love of fishing and the great region of North Alabama.

Thanks again,

Kerry

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]