Wheeler Dam Report

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Speck on October 15, 2004 at 10:55:02:

Just got back from Wheeler Dam. We had a fantastic trip! We caught alot of fish of all kinds, and even wound up with a good mess of Smallmouth. The weather was against us most of the 3 days and caused some rip roaring swells that would soak the boat and we still caught fish. We fished yellow tails and found the fish to be scattered. One place was as good as the next really. It was always best where the current edges met with the eddy water of course but we also caught some fish out in the main current too. Main thing was to get it on bottom as close as you can without hanging. The biggest Smallie was 17 inches and the biggest LM was over 5 lbs.
We really enjoyed the good Alabama hospitality and the food was great everywhere we ate. Outpost 72 and Waltons (Rib Eye)were really great. I had a good enough time that I can even forgive ya'll for the times you beat up my Big Orange football team! (which has been too many times too!!!) I look forward to coming back next year. I want to thank all of you for the good info I always get here on this board May God Bless You All! Speck

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]