Re: NAFF web page

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Captain Terry on October 15, 2004 at 10:07:19:

In Reply to: NAFF web page posted by Alex on October 15, 2004 at 07:32:10:

Thanks for the comments Alex and Chip. I am a frequent reader and occasional poster of the NAFF. I also appreciate the effort that goes into keeping it online.

To me, here is the real problem - What does one think the name "North Alabama Fishing Forum" implies that the forum is about? Doesn't the term FISHING FORUM" give someone a clue that the forum is about FISHING! Not about who won the Braves game, or how to tune up my Ford F150 or what to name my new bar in Decatur. It's about lines in the water, rod and reel in hand, FISHING. For example, the moderators on the Florida Sportsman Forums (excellent world-class forums) set a great example. They don't mind at all telling someone if you post on our fishing site it better be about fishing. If your topic is outboard engines, go to the FSS Boating forum. If it is about conservation, go to the FSS Conservation forum. If it is about problems with your mother-in-law or naming your bar, go somewhere else. Period. No need to argue whether it's advertising or not, it's not about fishing. I'm not the moderator, but if I were I would tell all to respect the guidlelines or be banned from posting. If you don't like it, run your own site.

USCG Captain Terry Livingston

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]