Re: Redstone Aresenal Wheeler crappie

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by jd on October 10, 2004 at 12:38:25:

In Reply to: Redstone Aresenal Wheeler crappie posted by Alex on October 08, 2004 at 08:32:34:

I too fished this area, but on Saturday. We put in at Triana and were suprised to find that creek blocked off by Redstone Arsenal. We also fished Cotaco Creek back to the bridge and had limited luck. No crappie caught on Wheeler. Caught several buck bass, stripe, and skipjack.

Fished Guntersville Saturday morning. The Warrenton bridge had so many boats, it was almost a hazard trying to drive through. Went to the big bridge and caught a 10-1/2 crappie on the first cast. For the next 30 minutes, I was getting lots of bites on live bait, but could not get them in the boat. Caught a few bait snatching yellow stripe too. The bite shut off completely @9:00 am. It appeared to be slow for everyone, but I did not get out until 7:45 am. I saw a guy on the bank catch 3 nice crappie within 30 minutes or so fishing with a jig.

It was a great day to be out. I have never in my life seen mosquitos like those around those Wheeler swamps!! They were biting my scalp through my hair and I was wearing a cap. I would forget gas before I would forget insect repellent again over there!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]