Ditto Landing (Wheeler Sauger)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alex on December 23, 2000 at 16:34:03:

Well after finishing up my Christmas shopping, a friend called and wanted to know if I was interested in catching him some suager. I am still waiting on my truck so I said yes! We started off in one of my holes which is above Hobbs Island. Started catching small sauger in 40 feet of water. We made 4 drifts and out of those drifts we managed to put 8 keepers in the cooler. We left there and went down river past the Military camp grounds and found some good ones in 49 feet of water. We caught around 36 saugers and had 12 that were huge! We caught several more keepers but we had the limit and left. Caught all fish on a 1.25 oz Florecent orange head jig with a sky blue grub. We tiped the jig with a Tuffy minnow. Overall a good day and my friend got enough for several meals. Biggest fish was 20 inches long. Did not have the scales today but I guessed the weight to be around 3 pounds. Fish today were very fat and full of shad. Lots of dead shad floating on the surface. I believe these cold nights have taken a tole on the threadfin shad. Good luck and wear those life jackets.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]