Re: Fishing out of OSSA-WIN-THA RESORT

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alex on October 08, 2004 at 06:26:03:

In Reply to: Fishing out of OSSA-WIN-THA RESORT posted by Beaver Tooth on October 07, 2004 at 20:57:11:

Beaver Tooth, if your staying at Ossa-wen-tha you have plenty of options. As far as staying close to the resort, how close? You have plenty of boat houses in Siebold creek that you can shoot with a 1/32 oz jig and catch some. Right now the water temperature is just starting to fall and more than likely you will have to catch a lot of small fish but there will be some keepers mixed in.

If you have never been to Guntersville before then I would advise stopping at Wal-Mart or a bait shop and pick up a map. If you look on the map, from Qssa-win-tha take the channel out to the power lines and head down river. Once you get down river where the channel goes into Siebold you will see some rock bluffs on your right hand side. Start at the point and fish down River about 1 /4 mile. The areas you want to fish will have 18 to 25 feet of water that comes right up to the rock bluffs. Keep in mind these bluffs are not very big. Fish a 1/16 oz jig head with a crystal shad bassassassin. 1.5 inch in size. Also use 4 pound test.

Now, back to the boat houses in Siebold. The ones you want to fish need to have at least 8 feet of water under them. Since you have never been to Guntersville, it would be very hard to give directions on the exact ones. Just look on your map and pay close attention to the contours. It won’t take long to figure out where you need to be. When fishing the boat houses, switch to a 1/32 oz jig head and use the same bait I mentioned earlier. The best time to fish the boat houses will be when there is sun directly over head. You will have to shoot you jig under the boat houses. Concentrate on the inner supports. I hope this helps and I would like to welcome you to Lake Guntersville. Enjoy yourself and be careful.

The areas I have described are no farther than 2 miles from ramp. Good luck and wear you life jacket!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]