Gulf Fishing is on fire

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Snapperking on October 08, 2004 at 00:19:07:

HI to all,just got back from helping my sis clean up after Ivan .While there I heard reports that the boats out of Destin were racking up the Grouper ,so i managed to sneak over & try it out(grin).It was better than i had heard .In 2 days I caught 18 Grouper from 10 lbs up tp 25 lbs!!I did run into 2 fish though that were more fish than I had umph HA!! they took my lead and broke my 80lb leader.The total Grouper catch on the first boat was 48 and the second one was 44!It seems that Ivan besides devestating the areas from Mobile to Destin moved the Grouper into all the old fishing spots that use to hold Snapper.The Snapper are not as plentiful as I caught only 11 in the 2 days.Anyway the fleet in Destin survived and are running full blast and with the Destin dep sea rodeo going on the entire month of October its a good time to go .Most motels not on the beach are open and eager to please you .The current leader in the rodeo for Grouper is a 60 lber!! biggest Snapper so far is 23.6 Hope some of yall can make it down!! and loaded poles to ya!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]