Re: Kerry--Alex

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alex on October 06, 2004 at 06:19:26:

In Reply to: Re: Kerry--Alex posted by walker on October 06, 2004 at 05:54:41:

Walker, the street bluffs use to be one of the best crappie areas in North Alabama. There was a time when you would see 30 to 50 boats all along the street bluffs. Everyone would limit! I am not sure what happened but here are my thoughts.

There use to be a few individuals who would place cover over there in certain areas. I think these individuals either quit or went somewhere else. We have had some major floods in the past and some of the better structure has washed out. I use to put feeders out over there with great success. Kerry has never seen the bite like I have over there but trust me when I say, it was literally unbelievable! I also believe that crappie follow the bait fish and in this particular area the shad have not shown up thick like they use to. This not to say DONT fish the street bluffs. There was one particular area over there that was always predictable. If you are ever over there look for a tree that is at the top of the bluffs. It will look like a backwards number 4. They use to really stack up in this area. Good luck and wear those life jackets!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]