Guntersville Crappie

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alex on October 01, 2004 at 08:26:56:

Kerry and I went yesterday (Thursday) to Guntersville and had limited success. We tried deep water drop-offs with only 2 keepers. We then went to Big Spring Creek and shot boat houses. We did catch a few but not enough to stay with it. We left Spring creek and went to Honeycomb and tried some boat houses with a few here and there. We then shot over to the bridge going to Grant and caught several but few were keepers. We left Grant Bridge and went back to our deep water holes thinking that a late bite might be the ticket but NOTHING. We fished 11 hours and only came up with 17 keepers and had one right at a pound. I did keep these fish and found no parasites. It was beautiful day and got to run the boat. Water temps are still too high. We will try in about 2 weeks and I will post the results. All fish were caught on 1/16 oz jigs. We used bass assassins in crystal shad and baby bass. When shooting docks we used 1/32 oz jigs for a slower fall.
On the boat houses, concentrate on the ones that have at least 8 feet of water under them. Good luck and wear those life jackets.

Thanks again Kerry for going with me. I enjoyed your company! Be ready in 2 weeks!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]