Re: Worth pointing out.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alex on September 07, 2004 at 10:35:24:

In Reply to: Re: Worth pointing out. posted by Bud on September 07, 2004 at 09:20:26:

Bud, I appreciate your comments. As far as how many died is a question I cannot honestly answer. Everyone knows that fish have a lot better survival rate if left alone completely. We both know that this is not possible nor would I want it to be possible! (I will never support the PETA thing)!!!!!!!!Smile!!!!!

Over the years, tournaments like every other organization have their good points and bad points. The bass fishing industry has done a lot over the years indeed, when it comes to helping the resource and such. But like I said, there are always going to be a bad apple or apples in the bunch. The point I was trying to make is whether youre a BIG money tournament fisherman, local guide or a week end warrior, follow the laws.

I do see in the future that there could be some local tournament fees in addition to the entry fee when fishing tournaments. Do I feel that this would be a good thing? You bet!
Not only would the state benefit but the locals would also. With the extra money, more game wardens could be hired, more studies could be completed. I think that the state of Alabama needs more game wardens. It is very hard to stop poachers and law breakers if there are not enough law enforcement officers to do so! They can only do so much!

Bud, again I appreciate your comments! Good luck and wear those PFDS.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]