Re: Worth pointing out.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Gene Walk on September 07, 2004 at 10:14:18:

In Reply to: Re: Worth pointing out. posted by I hear you Gene. on September 07, 2004 at 00:01:06:

...and the Buffalo were seen from horizon to horizon, along with so many Passenger Pidgeons, that the sky turned black with them. Surely these animals will carry on forever. Now don't get me wrong, I hunt and fish, but I want to see a more proactive stance by the pros. Lower limits, timed events, and a firm committment to conservation, not just word speak. Look at the hunting organizations such as , NAWTF, DU, Delta Ducks, Qual Unlimited, etc. The have all poured their own dollars into research along with voluntary reduction in limits and species harvesting. I know BASS has some research programs, and that Ray Scott has tried, to no avail, to get the fishing industry interested, but how many deer would we have if we only targeted pregnant does during the spring, when they are dropping fawns? I wonder what damage sight fishing bedding female bass does to the population? I think you, the tournament fishermen and the average one too, are riding on the crest of a wave that will soon break, and the bass fishing, as well as the rest of the fish will suffer unless we collectively do something about it right now. Not 10 years down the road. Ever wonder why so many people hate tournaments, and their competitors? Just read some of the responses on this site. Please, think about it, and take a vocal and physical stance to improve the image, and help non-tournament fishermen understand.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]