Re: Worth pointing out.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alex on September 07, 2004 at 07:28:15:

In Reply to: Re: Worth pointing out. posted by TroyJ on September 06, 2004 at 09:21:12:

It seems like every time I try and let individuals know about Alabama law, I tend to do more harm than good!

Troy you ask me the question.....
What about a deep hooked or wounded fish under the legal limit? Does anyone keep it?? Many people kill fish under the limit and leave it in the lake all the time. Is that waste??

As far as a deep hooked or wounded fish under the legal limit, it must be placed back into the water according to Alabama law. Is it a waste? Definitely. As far as anyone keeping it? I cannot answer that question. The point I tried to make is whether you are fishing for fun or money, ALL Alabama laws should be followed.

Is it ethical to release a fish back into the water after being gut hooked? No! In this case the law prohibits me from making that decision.

I do not fish BIG tournaments so maybe you can answer this question. Do these BIG tournaments such as FLW and BASS make their contestants aware of the laws pertaining to the state in which they are holding the tournament? It seems to me that the first and most important rule in any tournament is to follow all laws pertaining to the state.

In my opinion if these laws are not followed, contestants should be disqualified. In the case where the fisherman placed the fish on the bank so no one else could pick it up, I say he should have been DQd. Yes, as far as being an honest person when not using the fish in his tournament because of a rule violation, he did the right thing. As far as being un-ethical, he did the wrong thing and left the fish on the bank and broke an Alabama law.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]