What, me? Crazy?!?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on December 20, 2000 at 17:55:40:

Yes, I guess I am. After trying from the bank for at least a little while almost everyday for a week and having little or no luck, I decided to take the boat out to Flint creek today. I didn't get out until after 10am. I was waiting for the warmer (mid 20's) temps. Flint is up and still moving very quickly. I marked lots of fish on the depth finder, but the current made it almost impossible to fish. I did manage to catch one small crappie.

Although I didn't do very good fishing, it was quite a sight going down the creek since nobody else had been down it in a while, there were ducks all over the place. I spotted at least 30-50 wood ducks along with hundreds of others. As I came back into the ramp there was a guy with a kayak going out after wood ducks. He was the only other person I saw out on the water on Flint.

Trailered the boat at around 1:30pm and re-launched behind the sewage plant in Decatur. After trolling around several places, including the opening to Riverwalk Marina harbor, the barge tie-offs below the train bridge, Jay's landing and the discharge behind Solutia (Monsanto), and not seeing much at all on the depth finder, I came in around 3:00pm.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]