Re: Ethics!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Duck Loads on September 06, 2004 at 18:57:29:

In Reply to: Ethics! posted by Alex on September 03, 2004 at 08:38:09:

3 words.

"commercial fishing license" for all fishing commercially ie. fishing for money, for profit, gambling, yep. I'll wager you $100 I can catch more bass than you can. Sound familiar?

I don't fish just for bass on g'ville much anymore. I'm just not willing to wait for a parking place at a ramp on a Saturday morning anymore. I've been around for a while, and can remember clearly when the Waterfront Tackle store was a little shack in front of and to the right of where it is now. I might be wrong, but I think I remember when that shack was a vacant buillding before it was the waterftont tackle.

I'm proud for those whose buinesses have profited from the commercial bass fishing industry, but I don't get to g'ville perhaps 2-3 times a year anymore. It's just to big of a hastle. It's still a beautifull place when it's good and cold out.

For the guy that replied that he is not real proud of his 9lb mounted bass anymore............

Nearly 20 years ago I had a 5-1/2 lb mounted and 18 years ago I had a 8-1/2 lb LMB mounted. They are still beautiful mounts. Last winter I caught 2-4lbs bass while I was sauger fishing and ate them both. Now as my spine and right elbow and sholder are being consumed with arthrits, I am more proud of those fish than ever. I wish I had a wall full of them to remember what fun really meant.

I'll eat every single bass that I can catch within the law. My kids have grown up knowing how good a cold weather bass tastes just like I did. No Ray Scott or whoever his name is will ever tell me not to eat one for his personal profit.

Thank you very much,
D. Loads

ps. And now there are even bream tournaments. Good Grief.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]