Re: Ethics!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on September 04, 2004 at 22:38:30:

In Reply to: Re: Ethics! posted by sammy on September 04, 2004 at 21:55:41:

Actually, it has been several years since it was at 50. There once was no length limit as well, but now there is.

Why did they lower the limit and place length restrictions? Because the DCNR obviously considers 30 crappie to be a reasonable and ethical daily creel limit for one person and a suitable limit for managing the species population. The length limit was placed to help increase the numbers of quality crappie and has worked quite well in my opinion. I would like to see the length limit at 10 inches and have expressed as much to the DCNR.

The point is, these are management tools put in place by the DCNR who manages our fisheries. If you have a problem with these standards, voice your opinion and reasoning to the DCNR and try to get things changed. If you make a good argument, I will support you! But first, you have to make a good argument and provide (factual) evidence to support any claims you are trying to make. You haven't made that convincing argument yet.

Even better yet, work to help get the funding we need to put enough game wardens in the field so that the current game and fish laws can be effectively enforced. In my opinion, that would do far more to help than creating new legislation or lowering limits further.

Questioning the ethicality of improbable, if not impossible scenarios simply has no value at all.

Good luck and good fishin'

Kerry

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]